How many self-care goals do you have? One, five, none? Self-care is something we should all be doing, yet many women feel the need to put the well-being of others before ourselves. I’d love to walk you through some benefits of having self-care goals, plus share some examples to consider too.
Why Having Self-Care Goals is Important
Goal setting requires you to identify things that you want to achieve or things you want to change moving forwards. Having self-care themed goals, you focus on choosing things which will benefit your mind, body and soul. The benefits of doing so include:
- Increased productivity
- Raise levels of physical health
- Improved self-esteem
- Understanding more about yourself
- Stronger immune system
If you think about it, by taking the time to fill your own bucket, you will have plenty of compassion to give to others.
What Self-Care Goals Will You Pick?
There are three distinct areas of self-care that I’d like to focus on: mind, body and soul. I believe it is important to pick goals from each area to focus on and use with your daily affirmations. While it can be tempting to pick many goals, I suggest just one or two from each group and concentrate on these initially. I’ve included some ideas to get you started, or for further inspiration, check out my Daily Affirmation Cards.
Nourishing Your Mind Goals
- Start making note of the compliments people give you and read them regularly
- Do a mini-declutter once a week of one area in your home
- Read a book about something you have always wanted to know more about
- Meditate once a day for 5 minutes
Nourishing Your Body Goals
- Take a 10 minute walk each day
- Choose your favourite essential oil and add to a diffuser daily
- Take a nap
- Undertake a body scan to check in with each part of your body
Nourishing Your Soul Goals
- Take yourself on a mini date somewhere nice
- Do something nice for someone else each day
- Have a warm bath
- Keep a journal
Keeping a journal is something I’d like to encourage you to do. It’s a way of working through your feelings, acknowledging the things that do and don’t go well, plus a way to identify all the things you are grateful for. It also helps remind you of the goals you are currently working towards. My 90 Day Goal Planner Bundle includes both a physical and digital planner, or you can purchase each one individually. If you have any questions, please reach out – I’d love to help you choose self-care goals which resonate with you.