7 Ways to Satisfy the Mind
Feelings of anxiety, stress, shame, and depression are normal parts of life.
But what most people don’t know is that it’s their own thoughts that contribute to these feelings.
Too often we blame other people, experiences or things out of our control for the way we feel. But it’s you who’s in control of your thoughts, reactions, words, and feelings. Nobody else.
How can I change the way I think?
- Learn to take responsibility for your mistakes
- Aim to have a more positive life
- Start a daily gratitude journal
- Use a journal regularly to reflect on your day
- Learn to listen in on your thoughts
- Make an effort to use positive affirmations
- Use positive self-talk to build your confidence
“We cannot change our past. We cannot change the fact that people act a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The one thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.”
7 Ways to Satisfy the Body
Another aspect that we’re guilty of doing is not taking good care of ourselves. We put others first. We eat rubbish food. We put in a lot of hours at work. We don’t sleep enough. We don’t make time for exercise.
It’s really important that we learn how to put ourselves first. We need to take care of #1 in order to take care of anything else.
How can I take care of me?
- Create a weekly meal planner for breakfast, snacks, lunch, and dinner
- Start a simple daily workout routine
- Prepare meals in advance every week
- Make plans to visit the doctor & dentist regularly
- Take time out for you every day (aim for 30 minutes min.)
- Read a book every week to escape
- Do something special done often (eyebrows, lashes, nails, hair etc.)
“It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.” – Mandy Hale
7 Ways to Satisfy the Soul
It’s far too easy to get caught up in the 9-5 daily grind. The week flies by. You end up having to scramble to get everything done on the weekend. Before you know it, it’s Monday again.
If you feel like you’re missing out on life, like you’ve got nothing exciting to look forward to… You’re soul is in need of some serious nourishment.
How can I feel more fulfilled?
- Indulge in a hobby at least 3 times a week
- Learn to forgive others rather than hold a grudge
- Help others by volunteering somewhere local
- Make time to visit your loved ones regularly
- Start an wholesome routine like yoga, tai chi, or meditation
- Find a mentor who is where you want to be in life
- Join a challenge to push yourself somewhere new
“We are not given a good life or a bad life. We are given a life. It’s up to us to make it good or bad.”